[mythtv-users] LIRC in Mythbuntu 8.04.1

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 7 02:00:14 UTC 2008

I just installed Mythbuntu 8.04.1 last week when I rebuilt my box.  I
had been using Fedora 8 x86_64 previously and I have to say that the
installation of Mythbuntu was very easy.

However, I'm not really sure what I have to do to get my LIRC going
again.  I have an IR receiver from irblaster.info (the receiver; NOT the
transmitter), and I had my remote setup to emulate a Hauppauge 350 on my
previous Fedora installation.  When I look at the setup screens for the
IR stuff, I don't see any of my hardware listed.  I'm not really sure
how to go about setting it up.  The lircd.conf file is basically empty
at the moment.

Here's an overview of what I have:
- IR receiver from irblaster.org connected via COM1
- Logitech Harmony 550 universal remote

Any ideas?  I have the Mythbuntu installation guide, and if my setup is
in there, then I missed it.

Thanks,
Harry