[mythtv-users] What kind of Myth setups do you all have?

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Mon Oct 6 20:12:19 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 15:51 -0400, Bobby Gill wrote:
> Just out of curiousity, what kind of setups do our list regulars (or
> anyone!) have? ie., How many backends, frontends, which tuner card(s),
> remote(s), and how is the whole shebang connected and placed
> throughout the house/wherever? What kind of TV (HD, analog, etc.)? Do
> you use Myth for videos/pics/etc.? I'm trying to get ideas for myself
> as we move into a new house in a few months, I'd really appreciate
> feedback.
>
> Myself, currently Myth server box in basement and desktop PC in room
> on upper level as frontend, cable TV, pvr150 w/usb IR remote-- pretty
> simple ;)
>
> Bob

I've got two dedicated Myth machines. Master FE/BE:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+
ASUS MB
Nvidia GeForce 8400 fanless card
2 GB RAM
2 x 500 GB SATA
1 x PVR-500 - analog cable
Windows Media Center remote
Connected to old HD projection TV by HDMI @ 720P
Waiting on:
1 x PCI OTA Pinnacle HD capture card
1 x USB OTA Pinnacle HD capture device

Slave FE:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
HP Media Center w/ ASUS MB
2 GB RAM
1 x 500GB SATA
1 x INXS capture card (unused Windows only drivers)
Windows Media Center Remote
Connected to 20" LCD via component @ 480P

Home LAN is LinkSys WRT54G running dd-wrt firmware. Planning to upgrade
to 1000MBit LAN soon.

Thanks,
James