[mythtv-users] Can myth make an audio cd from mp3s?

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Oct 6 17:42:31 UTC 2008

Nick Rout wrote:
> Is there a way in myth to make an audio CD from a list of mp3 files?
> k3b can do this nicely, but not sure if there is a way to do the same
> within myth.
>
> [And yes I know the quality won't be the same, I know I should get a
> mp3 playing cd player for my car, I know I can make my ipod play into
> the car stereo, just on topic replies please :-)    ]

Nope. You can create a cd with mp3s on it from a play list but cannot
create an audio cd :-( There was until recently a menu entry to do it
but the code that actually created the audio cd was missing and no one
was willing to complete it so it was removed. It shouldn't be too
difficult to do, most of the code is already there, the only bit that is
missing is the re-encoding of the files so they are in the correct
format nearly everything else can be copied from the mp3 cd creation stuff.

Paul H.