[mythtv-users] Mythtv install Dependencies

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au
Mon Oct 6 00:18:45 UTC 2008

Jenks, Mark wrote:
> That sounds exactly what I am looking for.
>
> If I can't stop the install for them, I will find out how to edit the
> files to hide them.
>
> I can look into the wiki, but do you point me in the right direction to
> edit them?

There's this in the wiki:
  http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Menu_theme_development_guide

But its more about developing one from scratch, its actually pretty easy
to figure out, a simple XML file. The main menu is:
  /usr/share/mythtv/mainmenu.xml

Back it up first of course :)

I'm pretty sure you can copy it to the /home/<mythuser>/.mythtv
directory and edit there - files in that dir will be used in preference
to the global one.

--
Lindsay
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~blackpaw1/album