[mythtv-users] firewire with comcast in Mountain View, CA?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sun Oct 5 19:18:46 UTC 2008

cromworshipper-mythtvlist at yahoo.com <cromworshipper-mythtvlist at yahoo.com> says:
> I'd been using firewire happily until May this past year when
> firewire stopped working completely.  plugreport reports no hardware
> firewire devices present.

Firstly, Conan says "By Crom! Another fool who doesn't bother
searching http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/ for
information first! Let him feel the wrath of my blade!"

Anyways,
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/341024#341024>
may be helpful.

> My DCH3200 box reports, on the diagnostic screen, that firewire
> ports are not active.

If the FireWire ports really are turned off on the box side, then
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/199629#199629>.

> Does there exist a commercially available TV set that
> takes firewire?

You're asking the wrong question. It should be "How can I record
digital-cable recordings at high quality on my MythTV box?" Since you
mention 5C I presume you are after high-definition channels. Search
for "HD-PVR".

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array