[mythtv-users] manually adding channels for hdhomerun

Peter Abplanalp pta-myth at psaconsultants.com
Sun Oct 5 15:39:56 UTC 2008

i'm trying to get an hdhr going and it sort of works but the myth scan
misses a lot of channels that i can tune with hdhomerun_config and vlc
so i thought i'd try to manually add them.  i added a row to the
channel table with the CHANNEL#PROGRAM that the hdhr scan gave me.
when i tried to watch tv on that channel i got a dtv_multiplex error
from my backend so i found the dtv_multiplex table and added a row
there with the frequency that the hdhr scan gave me.  now the backend
doesn't complain any more but mythfrontend just shows a black screen.

can someone tall me how to manually add channels?  i've tried the
archives and there is some mention of this but no step by step guide.

thanks,

--
Peter Abplanalp