[mythtv-users] Occasional No Channel Lock on Cable QAM

moodyjunk at frontiernet.net moodyjunk at frontiernet.net
Sat Oct 4 05:35:04 UTC 2008

I've been running pcHDTV HD5500 on MythDora 5 for 3 months with no
problems until this week.  This week I had 3 failed prime time
recordings (file not found), all on different days and all on the same
channel.  The System Status Log shows start/finish successful for the
recording, but the associated file is not on the drive.  The next hour
after one of the failed recordings had a successful recording on a
different channel.  In between failed recordings I have successfully
recorded on the questionable channel with no problem.

I caught one failed recording in progress.  The Upcoming Recordings
panel shows the failed recording in green (implying it was recording),
but no file is generated.  I stopped the phantom recording and
switched to Live TV and could not get a signal lock on that channel (I
was unable to switch channels to see if I could lock on a different
channel).  My TV was able to lock into the failed channel with no
problem at the same time that MythTV was not.  After a few failed
attempts I was eventually able to lock onto the channel through MythTV.

This doesn't seem like a low signal issue, unless the specific channel
happens to be low at the start of the recording and then comes back
but MythTV doesn't retry.

Can anyone verify whether or not MythTV retries a signal lock in the
event that it fails?

Anybody have any ideas on how to diagnose the problem?

Thanks.