[mythtv-users] Myth, the HD-PVR, and the new beta firmware

Michael Rotzin mrotzin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 18:49:12 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Michael Rotzin <mrotzin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Mark Buechler <mark.buechler at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi

>>> If it's for trunk, the name (hdpvr_mythtv-fixes_r18528.diff.gz) and
>>> Mark's initial sentence in introducing it ("Attached is a patch against
>>> -fixes v18528...") seems confusing (to me, at least).
>>>
>>> Regardless, if anyone wants rudimentary support for HD-PVR in .21-fixes,
>>> patch hdpvr-0.14-recorder.patch in svn ticket #5443 applies cleanly for me
>>> against .21-fixes (~17784).  I can successfully watch livetv and make
>>> recordings from the HD-PVR with this patch, but no support for channel
>>> changes, recording profile groups, etc, and I'm unsure about stability.  I
>>> also apply a few companion patches - an h.264 "double-length" fix patch and
>>> a sync of ffmpeg's recent h.264 playback enhancements.  Not sure if they're
>>> 100% required, though.
>>>
>>> Mike
>>>
>>> It's not for trunk, it's for -fixes. I've done some svn magic and now
>> (hopefully) the patch is complete. Since it's now too big to send as an
>> attachment, you can get it
>>
>> Here: http://www.mentasm.com/mythtv/hdpvr_mythtv-fixes_r18528v3.diff.gz
>>

> Applied with no rejects against a clean checkout of .21-fixes r18528,  but
> still doesn't compile for me.  No problems with v4lchannel.cpp/h, but I get:
>
>  h264utils.o mpeg/h264utils.cpp
> mpeg/h264utils.cpp: In member function 'void
> H264::KeyframeSequencer::decode_Header(GetBitContext*)':
> mpeg/h264utils.cpp:220: error: 'cout' was not declared in this scope
> mpeg/h264utils.cpp:220: error: 'endl' was not declared in this scope
> make[2]: *** [h264utils.o] Error 1
>
> Mike

I probably should have put my (very limited) Cpp skills to use prior to
replying.  The above issue with cout/endl is solved by simply including the
standard iostream library in h264utils.cpp (since it's just a console
message, anyway, you could also comment out the single problem line).
After the library addition, compile is successful.  I'll start testing the
changes soon (out of time for now).

Mike