[mythtv-users] LiveTV & Recordings Not Working

Bryant Family Lists lists at bryantfamily.ws
Fri Oct 3 15:46:34 UTC 2008

Jarle Thorsen wrote ..

> I would start by verifying that all machines have the correct IP and hostnames
> and that they are all able to ping eachother. I suspect this might be network
> related.
>
> Jarle

Jarle,

Thank you for the reply. All of the IP settings were correct. All of the
machines in question could talk to eachother. They could all mount the NFS
shares from the Master Backend that had my ripped movies and music and play them
just fine. Also, I could play the recorded video files on the frontend from the
server with VLC.

Anyway, I have since gave up as I could not figure out a solution, and have
reinstalled the Master Backend. We will see this evening after work if
everything works fine again.

Alan Bryant