[mythtv-users] Case suggestions

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Oct 2 20:16:25 UTC 2008

Barry Williams wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I am in the market for a new backend/frontend for the lounge room and I
> am looking for a nice looking full(not micro) case. Are there any case's
> with LCD screen & remote receiver integrated that is well supported by
> mythbuntu without too much hacking.
> Regards,
> Barry
Take a look at the Silverstoneteck.com line of cases. They come in sizes
from 'audio-receiver' size four inches high like the LC-11M which has an
IR receiver and 2 line LCD, to larger more intrusive boxes, like the
Grandia GD02MT which has a 4.3" touchscreen.

Not necessarily cheap, but well built, well engineered and quiet.
I have the LC11M: the imon pad remote was easily set up with lirc and
the lcd works with lcdproc.

Only problem I have had was that the power LED on the front is a bright
piercing blue, and the LCD was also bright, both of which my wife hated.
I disconnected the power led and removed lcdproc.

Geoff

-