[mythtv-users] USB troubles - Options

Gary Dawes gary.dawes at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 19:26:26 UTC 2008

2008/10/2 Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au>

> covert covert wrote:
> > Also can I just swap over motherboards without having to do a
> > re-install ? I am running Mythbuntu on a AMD64.
> >

> I've done that in the past - complete MB and CPU swap.  Kubuntu booted
> up without missing a beat, don't think I needed to change anything.
>
> I managed that from a nforce2 board with an athlon xp 2000, to a dualcore
amd 64, and knoppmyth picked everything up without breaking sweat.
Unfortunately for me the new board (Gigabyte MA770-S3) has a SB600 chipset
which also has buggered USB onboard, so I can only record from one usb tuner
at a time (I have three!). Anymore that that and the system goes down faster
than a brick down a liftshaft - got my eye on a Hauppauge nova-500T as the
solution.

Gaz