[mythtv-users] IMDb broken and will be gone soon, so what now?

Mat Kyne matkyne at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 02:47:25 UTC 2008

I have lost the ability to enter information into the database for my
videos. The IMDb script does not return any information. So I tried to enter
the information through MythWeb and when I try to open the video page, I get
the following error message;

Error

Could not create a symlink to /nfs/video/Movies/Movies/:/nfs/Netflix, the
local MythVideo directory for this hostname (mythtv). Please create a
symlink to your MythVideo directory at data/video in order to use the video
portions of MythWeb.

I don't know if this a problem because I am using multiple directories for
my videos, (which are mounted on a NFS network share) or if something else
is broken.

If I can't get it fixed, is there a way to directly or indirectly edit the
database? Thanks.