[mythtv-users] Cropping with PVR-150

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 23:59:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Bobby Gill <bobbygill at rogers.com> wrote:

> What is the "tinny audio" problem? I have a PVR150 and get a wierd little
> sound that I don't quite know how to describe, on certain channels,
> wondering if this is what you're talking about.
>
> Thanks
> Bob

Do a web search on "pvr-150 tinny audio" and you'll see plenty of discussion
over the last few years.  The summary is that for many people who record
using a direct input (not the coax input), in about 50% of their recordings,
the audio is apparently being encoded by the card at very low bandwidth, and
ends up sounding tinny or buzzy.  No one seems to know the root cause, but
various workarounds are given to nudge the card into the right mode during
capture.

Jim