[mythtv-users] mythbackend -> iPod Touch

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 21:57:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Alan <alan at ufies.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 01:19:34PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
>> My wife is asking whether she can watch Myth recordings from her new
>> iPod Touch. As it runs Safari, among other things, I'm wondering if
>> there is a way to talk to the backend through a browser for the
>> purposes of choosing and watching an existing recording? I don't care
>> at all about programming Myth from this interface at this time. Maybe
>> later.
>>
>> The backend is on Gentoo if it matters.
>
> Maybe I'm missing the point or maybe the other replies had this (I
> didn't see it) but isn't there a 'trancode to ipod' in the mythtv that
> you can then just point itunes to your mythtv IP and then it'll show up
> in itunes as a video podcast, updated when mythtv records.
>
> I belive the URL is http://[mythtv ip]/ipodfeed/feed.php
>
> Course, this may need an extra module installed to have it all
> available.  Works great though.
>
> Alan

Alan,
   Actually, asking about transcoding is why I came back to the PC to
write another question. I have no disk space issues so I'm happy to
transcode everything if it can be an automatic setting. I've never
used transcoding so I don't know how to set it up for the iPod format.
Can Myth transcode every recording to the iPod format so it's all
ready to go when she shows up?

   I think your URL above makes sense if I have something installed
that uses Apache, right? Is that mythweb which I jsut installed but
haven't tried to configure yet.

Thanks,
Mark