[mythtv-users] up-to-date 0.21-fixes packages for Debian?

Tino Keitel tino.keitel at gmx.de
Wed Oct 1 19:20:04 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 23:17:43 -0400, Dan Christensen wrote:
> Tino Keitel <tino.keitel at gmx.de> writes:

> >> Thanks for doing this.  I just tried to upgrade to them, and
> >> found that mythtv-backend depends on libmyth-perl, which depends
> >> on libnet-upnp-perl, which doesn't appear to be in etch.  Is
> >> there an easy workaround for this?
> >
> > I uploaded new packages. Let me know if they work for you.
>
> The libnet-upnp-perl problem is gone, but I did have another problem.  I
> used apt-get to do the upgrade, and it correctly realized that it should
> remove libmyth-0.21 and replace it with libmyth-0.21-0, but for some
> reason it didn't do the removal before unpacking the replacement, so I
> got:
>
> Unpacking libmyth-0.21-0 (from .../libmyth-0.21-0_0.21.0+fixes18478_i386.deb) ...
> dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libmyth-0.21-0_0.21.0+fixes18478_i386.deb (--unpack):
>  trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/libmyth-0.21.so.0.21.0', which is also in package libmyth-0.21
> dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)

Yes, the packages form Christian Marillat differ a bit from the Ubuntu
packaging. Maybe I should add Conflicts: and Replaces: lines to
libmyth-0.21-0 to solve this.

> It went on to partially install other myth-related packages, so things
> got into a bit of a mess.  I managed to clear it up by doing

Uninstalling all mythtv related Packages should help here to get lost
of the old libmyth-0.21 in a normal way.

>   dpkg --force-depends -r libmyth-0.21
>   apt-get -f install
>
> and then repeating the original apt-get command to bring in the
> remaining packages.
>
> Besides that, it seems to work!

Good to know. Sorry for all the hassle. I don't use Etch anymore, I
just have a pbuilder chroot for Etch lying around to build the
packages. That's why those packages are completely untested.

Regards,
Tino