[mythtv-users] AppleTV + Mythbuntu

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Oct 1 17:10:18 UTC 2008

On Oct 1, 2008, at 5:30 AM, H Z wrote:

> I wonder if some kind soul here can help me. I've installed a co-
> exist mythbuntu on my atv and am very close now to having it work
> for not only SD content but also OTA HD mpeg2 content. The only
> thing is that when showing 1080 OTA HD it has the slightest of
> stutters every 2 seconds or so for a fraction of a second. Here's
> what my cpu/memory usage looks like displaying SD :

Are you using a wireless connection? That would explain slight stutter
every couple of seconds. When I'm viewing 1080i content even over my
wired connection, it takes about 5-10 seconds for the video to
stabilize and play back smoothly. I'm guessing it needs to buffer the
video a bit. After that, it plays back just fine.