No subject

Mon Nov 17 17:32:33 UTC 2008

interpreted by those that want to to mean "unfettered by rights
management" and not "don't touch the signal at all".

I haven't compared the signal Comcast in Boston sends directly with
the local OTA (too many buildings to get a good signal where I live),
but from what I've read, the bitrates I'm getting seem to be the same
as what I've read is sent over the air. The picture quality looks to
confirm it, I compared my setup with a friend who lives further out
and gets a clear OTA signal to his HDTV (at least when we were
watching a CBS' football game). Granted it was from memory, but his
picture seemed to have the same pixelation problems mine had.

If anyone in Boston has actually compared the two directly I'd love to
hear what they're findings were. It may make me go through the effort
of setting up an HDTV antenna =)

--
Steve
http://www.jobs-khakis-chicks.com/MythTV/