[mythtv-users] mythtv lirc vlc

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Sun Nov 30 18:40:08 UTC 2008

Mike Millner wrote:
> First..I think mythtv is awesome and you guys have been awesome in
> answering my couple of questions. Been slammed on other, non mythtv
> lists, to be kind of shell shocked from asking newbie questions. so
> thanks for not being like that!
>
> I've been Google and archive searching and have tried many of the
> suggestions with no luck. Now I'm throughly confused. I'm trying to get
> my hauppauge 150 (silver) remote to work with vlc. The remote works
> great with mythtv. I have changed the internal DVD player to vlc. Once
> the DVD starts the remote no longer does anything.
>
> mike at myth:/home/mythtv$ ls
> -la

> drwxr-xr-x 2 mythtv mythtv 4096 2008-11-30 10:14
> .lirc
> -rw-r--r-- 1 mythtv mythtv  296 2008-11-30 10:12
> .lircrc
> drwxr-xr-x 3 mythtv root   4096 2008-11-14 13:27
> .mythtv
> drwxr-xr-x 2 mythtv mythtv 4096 2008-11-11 18:35
> .qt
> drwxr-xr-x 3 mythtv mythtv 4096 2008-11-30 10:31
> .vlc
> mike at myth:/home/mythtv$ cd .lirc
> mike at myth:/home/mythtv/.lirc$ ls -la
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 mythtv mythtv  8299 2008-11-30 10:14 vlc
>
> mike at myth:/home/mythtv/.lirc$ cat vlc

Did you change the location of the lircrc file using vlcrc's lirc-file
directive? If not then for your vlc lircrc file to be used or it to,
/home/mythtv/.lircrc needs to have an include statement including the
vlc lirc configuration file. Something like

include /home/mythtv/.lirc/vlc

Also, be sure that the button names are the same as the button names
used in the working mythtv lircrc configuration file.