[mythtv-users] Firewire issues w/ 0.21 in Mythbuntu 8.10

Jason spuppet at comcast.net
Sat Nov 29 20:53:09 UTC 2008

> I would be interested in seeing your script. I also see the occasional
> toggle for no good reason and would like to be able to reset the firewire
> bus and then restart the backend via script on a failed recording. It
> might be possible to catch the recording minus the first couple of minutes
> on a restart depending on your method of discovering a recording start.
> Feel free to attach it to a off-list email if its big.

Hi Bill,

I just put the script on the MythTV wiki under my user page:

    http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User:SredniV

It's not pretty, but it works.

One thing I haven't taught it to catch is the unending "No Input in XXX
msec" messages that try to fill my root partition.  The solution for these
might be to look for 0 byte recordings in the same script and report those
as failures, too.

Jason