[mythtv-users] capturing DVB-T MPEG-4 streams

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 16:17:39 UTC 2008

2008/11/29 Frank Lynch <frank.lynch at gmail.com>:
> There is a DVB pilot underway in Ireland with video encoded using MPEG-4. I
> was wondering if any DVB reciever (I'm looking to purchase a usb dvb
> receiver) will be able to capture such a stream.
> Do DVB-T cards simply tune and dump the streams or do they care about the
> format of the data being received?
> thanks,
> --Frank

I was able to capture DVB-T HD from the London, Crystal Palace
transmitter trial last year using my NOVA-Ts. I couldn't easily play
them back, but that's another story.

However I understand that when DVB-T HD is actually launched in UK it
will use DVB2, and my existing cards won't be suitable.

You need to find out what your pilot is using.