[mythtv-users] Good TV-Out card for HD

Paulin paulin at spextreme.com
Fri Nov 28 14:58:17 UTC 2008

I'm investigating putting a TV-Out card in my Dell Inspiron 2.2 gHz Dual
Core system.  Currently it is the backend with a frontend running though a
old CRT monitor.  I want to hook it to a HD Ready TV.
So i'm looking for recommendations.  What should I be looking for?

Currently I was looking at two NVidia cards:

CHAINTECH P-FX20 GeForce FX 5200 256MB 128-bit DDR PCI Video
Card<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814145087>
PNY VCGFX522PEB GeForce FX 5200 256MB 128-bit DDR PCI Video
Card<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133233>

I'm not sure exactly what I should be looking for in a TV out.  My TV
support most things DVI, S-Video, composite.   So any insight, suggestions
would be appreciated.

Thanks
steve