[mythtv-users] Nvidia drivers problem

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 12:19:51 UTC 2008

> All help much appreciated, google has failed me and I'm flumaxed.

Sounds like a fairly fundamental problem, though atrpms is usually
pretty solid on nvidia stuff.

In your place I'd do

# yum list *nvidia*

to see if I had all the likely looking packages installed, and check
that the nvidia kernel package matches your kernel version, which you
can learn from

# uname -r

If I remember right, atrpms includes some sort of nvidia switcher
package that lets you change nvidia driver version on the fly, I think
it works by aliasing the driver files.  If you've done any manual
tweaking it's possible you've broken this.  Is there anything
interesting in

/etc/modules.conf

Maybe also worth checking that the 173.x drivers do support the 5200.

BTW  this is really nothing to do with mythtv so you might want to
take it onto the Fedora or atrpms user lists?