[mythtv-users] Critique on ASUS M3N78-VM FE (plus ASUS/MOBO Questions)

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 15:07:41 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:

> Dave Badia wrote:
> > I am curious to see if this board supports PXE as well.  The manual
> > shows an option for "Onboard LAN Boot Rom", which some forums seem to
> > suggest is the PXE boot option (although the boot menu options do not
> > appear include a network option).
>
> I have an A8V board that PXE boots iff I enable
> "Onboard LAN Boot Rom"
>
> Cheers,
>         Paul.

Very interesting.  I went back into the bios (after enabling the boot optrom
option) on my M3A & now I see an option to set the nic as a boot option.  I
did that & it started the PXE boot process.  I went back to the manual for
the M3A, it doesn't mention the nic as a boot option in the boot priority
menu.
Anyway, I would guess the M3N78-VM does support PXE since it has the Onboard
LAN Boot ROM option listed in the manual, and the PXE boot seems to work on
similar Asus boards

Dave