[mythtv-users] Critique on ASUS M3N78-VM FE (plus ASUS/MOBO Questions)

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 14:39:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 10:36 PM, Jeff Holicky <myth.myth_user at myth.sent.com
> wrote:

> 2) NETWORKING - I noticed in the ASUS specs, that they do not refer to
> manageability with the M3N78-VM.  No mention of networking - PXE etc.  P5K
> specs mention it.  Both manuals are the same as the specs online - and offer
> no more.
> When I reviewed a cousin (M3N78-CM) it does say manageability - must be an
> oversight. (Manageability ... PXE).  Anyways, can anyone confirm that the
> M3N78-VM supports PXE?

I am curious to see if this board supports PXE as well.  The manual shows an
option for "Onboard LAN Boot Rom", which some forums seem to suggest is the
PXE boot option (although the boot menu options do not appear include a
network option).  I have an Asus M3A board which also has a similar option
called "Onboard NIC OPTROM", so I enabled it to see what happended.  The
system booted as usual, loading grub from the hard disk.  I had a network
capture enabled on another PC, I didn't see any dhcp requests as would be
expected with PXE.  Perhaps I'll check over on the Asus forums.

Dave