[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase runs -- no guide data shows up

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 26 23:06:26 UTC 2008

On 11/26/2008 05:49 PM, Jonathan Seawright wrote:
> What if i change it back to localhost.localhost?

Then it will work, but only as a single combined frontend/backend.  If
you don't mind just choosing a completely different hostname, you can
use the script (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Change_the_hostname_of_a_MythTV_frontend_or_backend
) to just change localhost.localhost (or localhost.localdomain?) to the
new (never-been-used-in-your-Myth-system) hostname.  I.e. if you changed
it from localhost.localhost to mymythbox, then use the script to change
the hostname from localhost.localhost to someothername and /never/ use
mymythbox as a hostname on any Myth system.

So, it comes down to a question of how important that current hostname
is to you (enough to reconfigure Myth after a spring cleaning or would
you happily give it up to get things working).

> I had the guide problem before changing the hostname... oddily enough...

Then the guide problem is probably
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 .  But,
do the name change thing first, then try to fix the guide/input
connections.  And, because of the hostname issues, you should /really/
do both the Delete all capture cards /and/ the Delete all video sources
portions of that post.

Mike