[mythtv-users] Problems with External USB Drives

Yann Lehmann aristide at vtxmail.ch
Wed Nov 26 15:29:55 UTC 2008

Jonno wrote:
> Hmm, the drive froze during the defrag.
> "bad write of 16773120 bytes to /media/disk/.fsr/ag1/tmp7231: Input/output error
> could not remove tmpdir: /media/disk/.fsr/ag0: Input/output error.."
>
> Will try again. Any suggestions?

The output mentions an error writing 16773120 bytes, and you mentioned
earlier, that you let mythtv consume all but 5GB of that drive.

Could it be, that the defrag process couldn't find enough free space to move
a file ?

AFAIK, defragmenting is copying different fragments of a file into a single
piece, and for that, at least the amount of free space that all the
fragments take is needed (please apologize for my poor english).

Yann