[mythtv-users] Importing playlists to Mythmusic

John Bennett hornetster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 10:53:29 UTC 2008

Hi, Have searched for this and have been unable to find an answer...
I have MythTV frontend and backend installed on my main PC, to be used
'occasionally' as a media centre when "entertaining" etc. Have got about
50GB of mp3s in 2 different areas, sorted in the standard artist/album
directories, with an m3u playlist in each directory. What I want to do
is setup MythMusic to use these playlists, WITHOUT importing/moving
anything to anywhere....
I am at the moment using Vista/Mediaportal, and this works quite well,
but would prefer a linux setup if possible. The PC dual boots
Vista/Ubuntu8.10 (or Suse), and I spend >95% of my time in Linux, only
using Vista for the Media Centre. In Ubuntu/Suse I prefer to use Amarok
just to play music, and this also works with the current music setup.
Any advise appreciated.
Thanks, John