[mythtv-users] Digital Pegs CPU

Paulin paulin at spextreme.com
Wed Nov 26 01:24:01 UTC 2008

Myth Community,
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction on this one.

I currently have a VIA EPIA M10000 (1ghz processor) with 512 RAM running
MiniMyth.  When I run an analog program (recorded or live) from the backend
it looks pretty good.  The CPU is running around 70%.  However when I run a
Digital signal (live or recorded) the picture pauses regularly (about every
30 seconds), kinda like a buffer playing catchup.  Anyway I've noticed the
CPU is pegged at 100% so I believe that is really the issue for the
stuttering.

At one point during my earlier playing around things were working, so I'm
thinking my problem is with a configuration or tweak.  What should I look
for?  Any ideas what I should be focusing on and where I should tweak?

Thanks for the help,
steve