[mythtv-users] Just how great can VDPAU be?

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 01:22:18 UTC 2008

2008/11/26 David Engel <david at istwok.net>:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 06:21:48PM +0800, Mark Kendall wrote:
> Are you using Isaac's patch, your own patch or something else?  Isaac
> said OSD wasn't working in his first patch so I suspect you're using a
> later version or doing your own thing.

It's a modified version of Isaac's original patch. OSD, deinterlacing,
PiP all implemented - though it looks like there are issues with VDPAU
(i.e. not mythtv or mplayer) that are causing problems.

> Does time-stretching work with VDPAU?  I thought I read something
> about VDPAU controlling the timing of presented frames so I'm
> concerned it might not work with time-stretching.

Currently, time-stretch is fine (and pretty impressive on hidef
h264!). Isaac is interested in looking into extending the use of the
vdpau presentation queue and adding it to the vertical sync code -
though I can't imagine anyone is going to implement it in such a way
that it breaks time stretch (or anything else).

Regards

Mark