[mythtv-users] Waking up the Backend when a frontend starts

Glen Hawksworth glenhawk at optusnet.com.au
Sat Nov 22 06:11:07 UTC 2008

Hi all,
I am knocking my head against a wall; I have recently decided to go back
to using ACPI on my backend server because it is chewing too much power.
I have got everything working on the server including WOL but I can't
figure our how to get a remote frontend to WOL the backend.
I can manually WOL the backend from the frontend system using
'wakeonlan' in the terminal but I can't remember where to put the WOL
command within the MythTV software. (I have tried using the "Enable
Database Server Wakeup" field on the "Database Configuration 2/2" page
but it doesn't work for me)
I have spent hours today googling the problem but I can't seem to find
anything. I am sure there is a way to have a frontend system wake up the
backend, I am sure I found a guide for it the last time I used ACPI, I
am sure it is something silly that I am forgetting.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance,
Glen