[mythtv-users] mythtv on the go?

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 16:17:13 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 12:55 AM, Troy <blindDrop at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Not sure if this has been discussed previously - not sure what I would
> look for in the list archive to discover any such discussion but if you
> know of one please point me to it...
>
> I have recently installed mythfrontend on a Linux EEE PC with the
> thought of archiving/copying previously recorded programs in their
> raw/native mythtv format from my backend server to portable storage that
> I could use while on the road.  For some reason I thought mytharchive
> would do the trick but it seems not - one can only create a native
> archive that would have to then be imported before it could be played...
> correct?
>
> So, without installing a backend on the EEE, is the only way to watch
> recorded shows on the road to convert to a format that is playable in
> something like mplayer?  Seems like such a waste of time if so.
>
> Your feedback is appreciated,

I often do this on my Macbook by downloading from MythWeb.
Of course, I'd love to have the feature you're talking about.  I've
actually already suggested a similar feature on the Feature Wishlist.
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Feature_Wishlist_(Frontend_Addons)

--
http://www.gunaxin.com/ : check out my new site about Sports, Girls,
Humor, Media, Gadgets, and Beer.