[mythtv-users] Help setting up HD Homerun

John Finlay finlay at moeraki.com
Thu Nov 20 07:36:13 UTC 2008

Eric Mesa wrote:

> Ok, after setting it to a channel dwell time of 30 seconds, it was
> able to find only the local ABC channel.  Again,  hooked up to my HD
> converter box, I can get 12 channels.  Also, when I try to watch the
> local ABC channel, it just appears black and says "no lock" in the
> EPG.  Suggestions are welcome!

It sounds like you don't have a good enough signal going into the HDHR
unless the HDHR is broken. My experioence is the HDHR is as sensitive as
the best converter boxes i.e. as good as the Insignia. If the antenna is
in exactly the same place and the coax connection to the HDHR is exactly
the same as with the Insignia then the HDHR must be broken. Otherwise
you have a problem with your  signal path to your HDHR. If you have a
Windows box on your network, download and install the HDHR gui config
tools which will give you a visual display of the signal strength and
signal and symbol qaulity. Ifound it helpful when setting up my HDHR.

Good luck.

John