[mythtv-users] Remote suddenly stopped working

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Thu Nov 20 01:52:25 UTC 2008

On 20/11/08 5:03 AM, "Steve Peters - Priority Electronics"
<steve at priorityelectronics.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I have the mceusb2 remote that comes with 2 ir blasters. Yesterday, all of a
> sudden, lirc does not see remote keypresses. I have tried multiple remotes,
> and installed new batteries, and none of them register with lirc (via
> running irw to see presses). The little ir receiver indicates that it is
> receiving signals because the red led lights up when keys are pressed. Also,
> the two ir blasters on it are still working.
>
> Any ideas as to what could have happened? I reverted my system to a known
> backup from about 3 weeks ago, and the remote didn't work with that either,
> so I don't think it's a software issue, but you never know.
>
> I'm running mythbuntu 8.10 (and 8.04 on my known good working backup).
>
> Thanks for any advice or help you can provide.
>
> -Steve

I have EXACTLY the same problem with my MythBuntu build - working one day,
not the next. I have done as you have above with zero success. No log
messages, dmesg reports everything is loaded.

I will be watching this thread to see how it results. If nothing surfaces I
am switching to MythDora, I am quickly growing tired of MythBuntu.....

Cheers
Bruce