[mythtv-users] Low Power Frontends (in anticipation of nvidia's new API)

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 21:37:21 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> I've never delved much into the art of small quiet machines, but now
> that 90% of my content comes via my hd-pvr and nvidia's new API
> offloading decoding to the video card I imagine building a quiet tiny
> low-power machine is now in the VERY affordable price range.
>
> Any recommendations of such a machine that would be comparable to my
> AppleTV but accommodate a video card with a GPU supported by the new
> API?

I'd like to know too. I have an ATV and it doesn't quite make all the
ATSC programs. (by your statement, I guess the latest nvidia beta
drivers will not work for the ATV. I've heard numerous rumors about a
new ATV. But, apple is tightlipped about it, as usual.)

--
Brad Fuller