[mythtv-users] Absolutely nothing is getting commercial flagging any more - backend log messages

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 21:25:21 UTC 2008

Over the last 2 days we've made 15 or 20 recordings. Not a single on
seems to have gotten commercial flagging. One (The Daily Show) was
marked as being flagged but commercial skipping didn't work. The
others weren't even marked as being flagged.

Where might I look for clues about what's going on and what, if
anything, might I try in terms of verifying the current state of the
database? I am looking in mythbackend.log and I'm seeing messages
about not being able to log into the database which I suspect is
involved, or at least not healthy.

Other than normal Gentoo updates this machine has been our backend
server for about a year and has been very reliable until the last
month or two when comm flagging has started working worse and worse
over time.

Gentoo/myth

Thanks,
Mark