[mythtv-users] USA recommendations for Digital Over the AirCapture Card

genius9976 at yahoo.com genius9976 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 21:03:21 UTC 2008

>*IF* you subscribe to their "digital" service, you should
>be able to get the local broadcast stations in QAM; but that is (typically
>at least) MUCH more pricey than "basic cable".

I don't have digital cable, but I get local stations in clear (unencrypted) QAM over the cable line. From what I've heard this is the same as most people's experience. It seems like they broadcast the same stuff to everybody over the cable line, and just make you pay more for hardware that lets you watch/decrypt the higher levels of service.