[mythtv-users] USA recommendations for Digital Over the Air Capture Card

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 18:56:41 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 7:50 AM, Eric Mesa <ericsbinaryworld at gmail.com> wrote:
> I decided to go with the HD Homerun.  Ordered it last night from newegg
> along with the Terk antenna - looks like two squares - and a wireless
> keyboard/mouse to be able to easily use Firefox to use Hulu and other flash
> sights.  (Which I wouldn't need if the Wii browser would update to have
> Flash 9)
>
> --
> Eric Mesa
> http://www.ericsbinaryworld.com

You can possibly avoid antenna woes if your willing to pay comcast for
their basic service (I believe it is ~$10/mo) or are maintaining a
possible existing cable modem service through them I beleive you would
still have access to the analog tv signals on the line.. They have all
the OTA channels on their cable line unencrypted and tuneable with any
ATSC tuner card. I current have Comcast and use three ATSC cards (Two
A180's and a HD3000) to record these channels.

I say possibly, because if your signal from Comcast isn't as good as
your antenna signal then it wouldn't save any woes.

--
Steve
http://www.jobs-khakis-chicks.com/MythTV/