[mythtv-users] Possible to make a recording request?

David Segall david at segall.net
Wed Nov 19 17:29:51 UTC 2008

ryan patterson wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 1:08 AM, Bobby Gill <bobbygill at rogers.com
> <mailto:bobbygill at rogers.com>> wrote:
>
>     If this is not allowed, no sweat, just ignore.
>
>     We will be moving on the 27th and I am not sure I will have my
>     mythbox back up and running in time, so I am wondering if anyone
>     would be willing to record Late Night with David Letterman the night
>     of Thursday Nov 27th (I am a guitarist and huge Mayer fan in case
>     one's wondering why this request). Late Night is very random on
>     torrent sites so I don't want to count on that.
>
>     Would be greatly appreciated if anyone would be willing to do this,
>     could discuss means of me attaining the file.
>

>     Thanks
>     Bob
>

> Bob,
>
> I have to say this request is completely inappropriate for this list.
>  Please use some commonsense before asking people to do illegal things
> on a public mailing list.

Due to the extraordinary, corrupt power of lobby groups in the United
States I can understand why this request may be illegal. I do not
understand why a MythTV user would be cheering them on or why you would
assume that the ridiculous laws that exist in the United States might
apply to the rest of the world.

To the OP. I would be happy to let you record the program if you do not
find a more convenient local source. Email me for my MythTV URL, user
name and password. The program is used as a cheap filler for Australians
that can't sleep so the air date here may not be the same as yours and
it will not be shown at all if it competes with a football match that
features an Australian team.
--
David