[mythtv-users] Possible to make a recording request?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Nov 19 17:05:30 UTC 2008

On Nov 19, 2008, at 8:48 AM, Brian Wood wrote:

> I always thought it made no sense for outfits to spend millions, if
> not
> billions, of dollars in transmission facilities, and perhaps even
> the launch
> of spacecraft, in order to blast a program to as many people as
> possible, and
> then spend more money to complain that people are duplicating it and
> furthering the distribution.

You would understand if you were the one in that position and then saw
zero DVD/BluRay/iTunes/WhateverIsCoolThisDecade sales for that program
you spent millions creating. I've been directly affected by creations
distributed illegally. It's not fun seeing your work all over the
place and not getting a cent in return.

-Brad