[mythtv-users] Mind your P's & Q's!

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Nov 19 15:54:01 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 19 November 2008 00:54:24 VCRAddict wrote:
> Folks --
>
> I didn't think I'd have to be the one to do this; but I have apparently
> been unsuccessful in persuading the list owner/moderator to post this
> reminder -- and there is absolutely no question but that it is *sorely*
> needed.
>
> Please refer to
> <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mailing_List_etiquette>.
>
> Note the very FIRST rule of Mailing List Etiquette shown there:
>
>                     Post in plain text

As was said, a BIG problem is that a lot of folks truly do not know if their
mailer is generating html or not, and some really do not understand the
difference between plain text and html. Some commonly-used mailers default to
html.

The above-quoted phrase has no meaning to some users, so they simply ignore
it.

I tend to agree that it is a losing battle to try and enforce the rules. It
would take draconian measures, and a lot of time on the part of the list
modertor (Isaac, I guess). I'd certainly rather see that time spent working
on Myth.
--
beww
beww at beww.org