[mythtv-users] youtube Integration

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 15:48:33 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 10:00 AM, C.T. Paterson <i.adore.my.64 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have an inelegant solution, in that you can access videos that have
> been marked as favorites and marked as playlists, by an RSS feed
> provided through http://referd.info/.  Then in mythStream, subscribe
> to the RSS feed.
>
> This doesn't represent full integration, but it has meant that when I
> mark a video as a favorite - I can then watch it on the TV in all of
> it's blurry glory.
>
> Of course, now that YouTube has a Monty Python channel, I need to
> figure out how to get channels to work...

I also have an inelegant solution that requires a separate Windows box.
Install PlayOn (http://www.themediamall.com/playon) on a Windows machine on
your local network. It's a uPNP server that acts as a conduit to YouTube,
Netflix, etc. Then connect to PlayOn from Myth (ok, I've never done this but
from what I hear it can talk to uPNP sources), and browse through YouTube
videos.

Monty Python channel? I had not heard of this! Thanks!