[mythtv-users] Possible to make a recording request?

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Wed Nov 19 15:13:26 UTC 2008

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 07:02:43 -0500, ryan patterson wrote
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 1:08 AM, Bobby Gill <bobbygill at rogers.com> wrote:
> > If this is not allowed, no sweat, just ignore.
> >
> > We will be moving on the 27th and I am not sure I will have my mythbox back
> > up and running in time, so I am wondering if anyone would be willing to
> > record Late Night with David Letterman the night of Thursday Nov 27th (I am
> > a guitarist and huge Mayer fan in case one's wondering why this request).
> > Late Night is very random on torrent sites so I don't want to count on that.
> >
> > Would be greatly appreciated if anyone would be willing to do this, could
> > discuss means of me attaining the file.
> >

> > Thanks
> > Bob
> >
> Bob,
> I have to say this request is completely inappropriate for this list.
>  Please use some commonsense before asking people to do illegal things on a
> public mailing list.
> -Ryan

it is not illegal to record an OTA broadcast of any show.
at least in the US under its current laws.
nor is it illegal to give someone a copy of such a recording.

if it was tivo and every other pvr/dvr maker would have been sued
into oblivion long ago.  and probably a bounty put on the mythtv
developer's heads for good measure by the mpaa goons.

"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
Steve Heistand
steve at heistand.org