No subject

Mon Nov 17 17:32:33 UTC 2008

posted on the developer mailing list which begins to add support for this
decoding in MythTV.  Results are promising but this is extremely early in
the development cycle.  Suffice to say, it is being worked on.

> I am asking this because, while I certainly appreciate NVIDIA's
> efforts in making available VDPAU for Linux, I would like to build a
> small, low-power (based on the Atom CPU for instance) MythTV system
> using completely free (as in freedom) software and the only barrier at
> the moment is in hardware assisted video playback.

Good luck with that.  The likelyhood of this being possible is near zero.

Kevin

------=_Part_113895_27326827.1227106242425

Hello,<br>
In light of the recent NVIDIA announcement [1] that they are providing<br>
hardware assisted playback of video, I was wondering how the<br>
another API for doing what NVIDIA&#39;s VDPAU does but created by Intel. I<br>
have googled around but it seems they only practical Video<br>
Accelleration ready for actual use would be NVIDIA&#39;s VDPAU and XvMC<br>
I am asking this because, while I certainly appreciate NVIDIA&#39;s<br>
efforts in making available VDPAU for Linux, I would like to build a<br>
small, low-power (based on the Atom CPU for instance) MythTV system<br>
using completely free (as in freedom) software and the only barrier at<br>

------=_Part_113895_27326827.1227106242425--