[mythtv-users] Advice on Building a Quiet MythTV Box?

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Wed Nov 19 06:30:46 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 22:21 -0800, Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Nicolas Will <nico at youplala.net>
> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > Here is what I have:
> >
> > http://www.youplala.net/linux/home-theater-pc
>
> Thank you very much.  Very helpful.
>

> >      * Thermaltake Mozart SX case - Does not resonate, but cramped.
> >        would go with a case that accepts vertical PCI PCIe cards if
> >        had to redo it. But now the TV stand has been custom-made
> around
> >        this case, so...
>
> It is a nice looking case though, that would look nice in a living
> room.

It does look good. It doesn't look much like a PC or even an HTPC,
especially with the display in it. I get very high WAF with it.

On the other hand, the riser stuff is annoying, there isn't much space
inside, no opportunity for a 120mm case fan, the power supply is a bit
too close to the MB, so I had to Dremel out the CPU fans

But if you manage to make it all fit, change the case fans and don't
have to open it regularly, it's a cool case.

Nico