[mythtv-users] FYI - New HW video accellAPI from NVIDIA

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Nov 19 03:35:37 UTC 2008

On 11/17/2008 02:25 AM, lindsay.mathieson wrote
> From: John Andrunas
>> Now if audio over HDMI only worked on the Nvidia drivers I would be
>> in heaven,  I look forward to this making HD playback much less an
>> exercise in tuning, and spending! :)
> Dream setup :) 5.1 Sound over HDMI output with H.264 acceleration via
> onboard hardware.
>
> Well I can dream ...

Better, 8-channel (7.1) uncompressed PCM output via DisplayPort.  (Sure,
it could be done with modern HDMI, but with DisplayPort, you avoid many
of the nasty HDMI patent issues--not that they have an effect on the
user (other than cost), but still...)

Mike