[mythtv-users] nVidia interlace problem

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Nov 18 17:06:58 UTC 2008

Alex Butcher wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>
>> This is so frustrating. So what do we do? Does anyone know if this
>> ever got fixed in any driver version, and which cards/chips we are
>> restricted to? Or is it just best to avoid nVidia, and stick to ATI
>> or Intel?
>
> I experimented with an ATI card I had hanging around and with the Free
> driver (ati, if I remember correctly, since it was a Rage 128), Xv output
> with an interlaced modeline resulted in only the top half of the display
> being shown (i.e. the output was stretched vertically).
>
> I also tried with a Radeon 7500 and it seemed as though PAL output was right
> on the edge of the clock it could output, resulting in discolouration around
> the edges of the picture (that was about 10 months ago, with the Free radeon
> driver which was around at the time).

That's weird. The Radeon 7500 is one of the cards in the MythTV RGB
Scart list. But there again so is the FX5200.  I know the Radeon
9000 works perfectly. I've had one working here. Not sure which version
of ATI's driver I was using though.

> The Nouveau driver might be worth a look in due course; I last tried it in
> March 2008 without much luck on my GF4 MX440, because the version shipped
> with my distro wasn't new enough to include Xv support.

What's the Nouveau driver? Is that connected with SuSE?

Cheers,
	Paul.