[mythtv-users] Problems with scanned files and their metadata

nasa01 at comcast.net nasa01 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 18 11:41:35 UTC 2008

From: "Nick Morrott" <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>
> On 17/11/2008, Wendel, Ryan <wendelr at uncw.edu> wrote:
> >

> > I'm running a myth box based on the current trunk and am having some issues
> > with multiple database entries for the same videos within the videometadata
> > table. These multiple entries are viewable in the front-end.
>
> Do the multiple entries of the same scanned video file have different
> absolute paths?

I have seen this same behavior for a couple of months now -- and no, the entries for the scanned file have the same absolute paths listed in the database.  It's really strange, I have had to go into the database to remove the extra entries.

I also wonder if this is related to the issue (already has a ticket against this) where you have to restart the frontend in order to see changes detected by the scan option....

nasa