[mythtv-users] Information from the server-backend-adress/6544

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 09:51:24 UTC 2008

On 18/11/2008, Samuel Gallard <samuel.gallard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on a project about mythtv and i need to have some information
> about all the recordings, the music and the program tv.
>
> You could have from a hidden webpage starting with a link such as :
> http://server-backend-adress:6544
>
>             - If you put /xml, you have some general information
>
>             - If you put /Myth, you could have what i have been recording in
> the database, but this is not enough precise.
>
> I know that the results will be in a xml file.
>
> Does anyone know a complete listing address to access all those information?
>
> I tried to look over Internet web page but it is really difficult to have
> it.
>
> I would like also to know is anyone can tell me if it is possible to
> retrieve the specific information about a music track from a frontend such
> as the artist, the album, the length, etc..

Well if you want really precise information then you could query the
database directly.

There's a few graphical SQL frontends you could try to browse the
database directly (phpadmin is one).  The mysql mythtv database is
called mythconverg, and all the music table names start with "music.."

Spend an hour learning SQL (the basics are pretty simple) and you
should be away.