[mythtv-users] Why isn't LiveTV as smart as a regular recording?

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Tue Nov 18 08:29:37 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean schreef:
> On 11/17/2008 06:47 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
>
>> Just to get right back on to the origivnal problem, I am using
>> multirec, DVB-S, 2 cards each as 4 virtual tuners.
>>
>> I can browse LiveTV across muxes [1], as well as change to a channel
>> on another mux by using the channel number from the remote [2].
>>
> And anyone can map a key for NEXTCARD so they can get to a different
> (not currently recording any shows, so not locked to a single multiplex)
> capture card.  Or they can set "Avoid conflicts between LiveTV and
> recordings" so that Myth takes the last capture card (input) for LiveTV
> and the first for recordings.
>
> Mike

Well, I think we've established we need a better algorithm then just
choosing the last input.

First MythTV should check if the channel's mplexid is already tuned on
any of the capturecards.

If it is, it should look for a free, virtual tuner of this card and use
that.

If it isn't, it should pick the first free physical card, and use a
virtual tuner of that.

Quite simple, really.
And nobody needs to press any more buttons then they should.

I'm not saying you, or the devs, should do it.
That point has been made very clear, I think :P

I'm sure we'll whip up a patch sooner or later.

Greetings,
Jelle De Loecker