[mythtv-users] 2 tuners problem.

Panachoi panachoi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 04:36:46 UTC 2008

> Hey group.
>
> I have a problem that I'm not quite sure of here with 2 tuners.
>
> In my BE i have 2 Hauppauge HVR-4000 quad tuners.
> On my satelite I have 2 DUAL LNB - connected to a switch in pairs.
> SAT1 on port A  - SAT2 on port B. So connected to the tunercards are 2
> exactly like connections.
>
> On the card the setup goes like this.
> DVB:0 - connected to switch - with 2lnb's
> DVB:1 - connected to switch - with 2lnb's.
>
> I've made a videolist on each LNB called lnb1 & lnb2. and the list are
> connected to the same lnb on each input.
> The names are AA & AB || BA & BB - so AA & BA have listA and BA & BB
> have listB
> So in my mind - I should be able to see 2 different channels - or record
> on one and see another.
>
> But when watching from 2 different TV's, one of the persons are locking
> the different channels. So it's only possible to either watch the same
> or chose between the other input. And here's where it's goes wrong.
> changing the input's arent working - it seems like the two tuners are
> the same.
> Shortly:
> When TV1 are wacthing program4 and AA(using inputA). I cannot change to
> inputB and watch program5.
> Seems like it thinks the two tuners are the same.
> So should I make a videolist for EACH LNB ( so I got 4 different
> videolist instead of my 2 now)
> Or how is it possible that it make this little trick ????  Or is it just
> the way my setup is ??
> I just want to option of watching the 2 satelites (full list of
> channels) on each TV ? or record on thing and having full access to all
> channels still ?
> What can be the problem.

I'm going to assume that both cards are connected via DiSeqC switches to the
LNBs. I have a similar setup, except I have a monoblock (not recommended!)
which is essentially the 2 LNB's and the DiSeqC switching built into a
single unit.

If you mean Video Source by "Video list", I think this might be your
problem. Your video list should contain a single entry for each source (i.e.
satellite).

Then, under the input connections, each card would be attached to *BOTH*
video inputs, so that both cards can receive each video source.

The way to set this up is under the 'DiSeqC' button in the capture card
setup. You have to let it know that you have a switch connected to 2 LNBs.